If you are friends with me on Facebook, you know that I was and still am very anti-Trump, but I ended up voting against Trump AND for Hillary Clinton. I wanted her to win because I’d come to believe in her. I believed in the message she had about being stronger together, about love trumping hate, and about doing all the good we can. But I don’t think the government will do anything together in the next four years, so all I can really do is hold my children tight, spread love however I can (because I haven’t been doing enough of this in the past), and stay positive. I’m not Methodist, but the “do all the good you can” message that the Clinton campaign adopted has really resounded with me.
While this might look like a brag sheet, it’s not meant to be. It’s more a record to keep myself in check. To remind myself when I slip. I will update this page with three positive things still good in my life, and anything good I have done to spread love. This will be how I remind myself that while we may be represented as Americans by someone who I have no respect for, that doesn’t mean I can’t conduct myself like the American I want to be.
November 22, 2016
- Picking up my dad today for a Thanksgiving visit.
- He’s bringing rambutan and persimmons.
- Got a task that’s been on my desk a long time completed at last.
What I did today: mailed a postcard and treat to an old acquaintance.
November 21, 2016
- It’s Monday!
- Mr. D had a really good preschool drop-off.
- The trade winds are still around.
What I did today: gave a homeless woman some money.
November 20, 2016
- It’s a cool, breezy day in Hawaii Kai.
- Got a free T-shirt today!
- I only gained one pound after our king crab and steak pigout last night. (My mom’s work gives everyone a box!)
November 18, 2016
- Fantastic Beasts today!
- Learned how to tie a tie (it’s totally easy).
- Don’t have to cook dinner tonight.
What I did today: gave my large popcorn bag to a man and his son so they could have free popcorn.
November 17, 2016
- Got my Fantastic Beasts tickets!
- Booked two new projects today.
- Woke up almost pain-free. Maybe that awful smoothie was worth it after all.
November 16, 2016
- Had a blast re-watching Kung Fu Panda with my kids.
- A week later, I’m almost over it, but am not going to let myself lapse into inaction.
- A gift I ordered on Etsy for my mom arrived THREE DAYS LATER. That’s freaking amazing.
What I did today: donated to the Hawaiian Humane Society.
November 15, 2016
- It’s been raining today, and I love light showers.
- Our two coop chickens got out and didn’t run away, so we’re letting them stay out with Henrietta.
- Holly Heisey released Power Outage from Doomsday Chronicles.
What I did today: bought a Hawaii Foodbank t-shirt (proceeds go to their mission) and changed my Amazon Smile charity to Hawaii Foodbank.
November 14, 2016
- I got my copy of the Oxford University student workbook with my Wool cake in it.
- My Gryffindor ties came in early, so my daughter and I can go to Fantastic Beasts with a complete costume now.
- It’s Supermoon day!
What I did today: donated a Maika’i coupon to Foodland’s Share A Feast, which equals a $5 donation.
November 13, 2016
- Airplane feeding totally works on Mr. Destruction.
- I dodged a bullet. (can’t say more than that)
- Looks like there will be a nice breeze today on the field for football.
What I did today: baked brownies and gave some to a neighbor.
November 12, 2016
- Had a nice, drama-free outing at the farmer’s market with my two sons.
- It’s a really beautiful day here in Honolulu today.
- All the good Halloween candy is gone. (this is great for my thighs)
What I did today: sent two unused boxes of breastmilk bags to a woman in Pennsylvania and bought fundraising cookies for a girls’ soccer team.
November 11, 2016
- I made my first mobi with Jutoh, woohoo!
- I’m booking my 80th client today.
- I’m still caught up on laundry. Since Halloween. LOOK FOR FLYING PIGS OUTSIDE, PEOPLE!
What I did today: got the ball rolling on building Pantsuit Nation: Hawaii Chapter and donated to Fisher House Tripler.
November 10, 2016
- My daughter is a straight-A student.
- I have a really good friends list on Facebook.
- I’m starting an edit on a really good book today.
What I did today: signed up to be a volunteer at a local sexual assault help center.
November 9, 2016
- My kids are healthy.
- I’m still doing what I love for a living.
- Mr. Destruction let me “sleep in” until 6:15 AM.
What I did today: sent an uplifting message on a postcard to a stranger in Connecticut.