As a blogger, I’m in a ton of affiliate programs and therefore get a ton of affiliate mail that I almost never read, but with Mother’s Day coming up soon, this one caught my eye because I’m always in the mood for humor.
They have over 450 cute cards to choose from for Mother’s Day and you can personalize them to make them personally hilarious for mom. My mom can always use a good cackle, so rather than go to the local drugstore this year, I’ll probably give buying a card online a try.
Here’s one that’s pretty fitting…
Although… occasional may be pushing it a bit.
Treat.com is a little different in that you subscribe to a card club and buy at the very least, six cards at a time. They cost like $2.49 each and you have to pay shipping, but have you noticed how much cards cost at the store nowadays? Freaking $6+ bucks each! I flipped out when I saw how much my total was when I took the kids Valentine’s Day shopping in February.
Right now Treat.com is having a sale on Mother’s Day cards, so you can get an additional 25% off of these cards by using the checkout code TREATMOM25. The deadline for this promo is tomorrow, April 30 at 11:49 PM Pacific, so get started on your order like right now.
All my life I’ve only used your standard roll-on deodorant. I’ve used the clear kind and the white kind, but they’ve always been solid roll-ons.
Many people nowadays prefer eating something that is easy to prepare, healthy, and delicious. Yakisoba, which means “fried noodles” in Japanese, has all these qualities. You can prepare this dish in just a few minutes. It consists of noodles, vegetables, and meat and is really tasty.
Last year, after I stupidly suggested we go to the Hawaiian Humane Society “just to look” at the puppies I saw they had on Facebook, we ended up taking home a puppy. She was so tiny and we were sure our dog Max would find a way to accidentally eat her, but she grew up just fine and is still running around our yard like a frantic puppy.
Here’s my documentation for the week of January 14 through 20, 2013 for my weight loss progress. This week’s goal was 5 days of exercise, 3 days dog walking, 5 bentos, and 1 lb weight loss. (same as week 1)
Here’s my documentation for the week of January 7 through 13, 2013 for my weight loss progress. This week’s goal was 5 days of exercise, 3 days dog walking, 5 bentos, and 1 lb weight loss.
Although I will be 34 this year, this New Year’s is the first time I’ve made my own ozoni. Ozoni is a Japanese New Year’s soup that I can remember eating from small kid time, but I usually just eat soup other people prepare. From eating it through the years, I knew what the basics were, but I wasn’t sure about a recipe, so I asked around Twitter and Facebook. The responses I got and the articles I found online all seemed extremely basic. So although I got some helpful tips, I ended up deciding it was simple enough for me to just wing it.
- Finish painting the living room and my bedroom – nope
- Finish painting the kitchen - nope
- Finish replacing all the cupboard knobs and handles with the ones I bought last year - nope
- Lose 30 lbs - nope
- Exercise regularly - nope
- Keep dining table clean each night - nope
- Get organized - nope
- Keep a daily list of “Thing to Do Today” - nope
- Finish organizing and fixing Adventures in Bentomaking - nope
- Build up Pikko’s House – getting there!
- Build up Fictional Food – did pretty good here!
- Keep desk area totally clean - nope
- Don’t let Mt. Everest of Laundry grow on Buddy’s bed - nope
- Increase Domo collection to disturbing size – success!
- Garden more, use up all my seeds from 2011 - nope
- Start more purple lilikoi plants – done, but they refuse to ripen!
- Get back into bentos - nope
- Floss every day, wear night guard every night - nope
- Take better care of myself - nope
- Keep house clean in general - nope
- Cook vegan dinners every now and then - nope
Holy shit, I suck at New Year’s resolutions. Anyway, here’s my 2013 list.
- Lose 20 lbs by July/SDCC
- Go to SDCC
- Exercise at least 4 times a week, 3 during the week and once on the weekend
- Take Mimi for walks at least 4 times a week
- Get back into bentos, make at least 3 times a week
- Work on YouTube channel for AIB
- Get EnderWiggin.net to at least 10,000 fans by June
- Bake all my bread myself unless it’s for demo work
- Floss every day, wear night guard every night
- Read at least 40 books
- Build up Review Addicts to at least 1,000 fans
- Write at least 100 reviews for Review Addicts
- Write at least 5 blog posts a week
- Get into Amazon Vine
- Take better care of myself
- Start button-making shop/store
- Get Mikia’s jewelry shop up and running
- Set small weekly goals to keep housework in check
- Self-publish Revenge on My Kids for Kindle
A lot of these goals are to help me get around to eventually being able to make a living off blogging. On an individual resolution basis though, hopefully this year I’m a bit more successful. =\
The other day, I headed to the market to buy our New Year’s eve food with my list in hand. I got everything for ozoni (Japanese New Year’s soup) except for the mochi because although Foodland usually sells komochi, they didn’t have anything but chi chi dango. Unacceptable! I made plans to go to Nijiya Market to look for mochi later.
Still need Christmas cards that don’t suck? I know I do. It took us 5 days to bring the tree in and I still haven’t taken our holiday photo. I normally send photo cards that I get done at Costco, but lately I’ve been really disappointed in their quality.