Writing SamplesThe author of numerous blogs and fansites, you can get a feel for my writing style through my wealth of online experience.
As a freelance editor, I understand that authors may want to have confidence in my own writing abilities. Below you’ll find samples of my writing from the various different websites I’ve run or own. You can also read my blog posts at my sites Adventures in Bentomaking, Fictional Food, and Pikko’s House.
A fansite dedicated to the Ender’s Game books and movie starring Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford, Sir Ben Kingsley, and Viola Davis.
- Ender’s Game Review: The Good, the Bad, and the Awesome
- Straight from the Set (5 part series on Ender’s Game set visit)
- Evaluating the Potential Impact of ‘Ender’s Game’ on Movie Audiences
- Why Supporting ‘Ender’s Game’ Isn’t Completely Awful
- Can ‘Ender’s Game’ Succeed Without Its Author?
- What ‘Ender’s Game’ Must Ultimately Accomplish
- Pondering the Fate of Stilson
- Ender’s Potential as a Major Hollywood Franchise
- Ender’s Game: A Separation of Author and Movie
- The Consequences of Placing the Weight of a Fandom on a Child’s Shoulders
- NPR Calls Ender’s Game Too Violent for Young Readers
- Can Teenager Asa Butterfield Play a Young Ender?
As the owner of Jabberjays.net, I write news stories and the occasional editorial, examples of which you can find below.
The number one Hunger Games fan community for years, I wrote numerous editorial pieces for the site, generating hundreds of discussion comments. The links below are reproductions of the pieces minus the comments.
- Review: ‘Red Rising’ a Bloodydamn Good Read
- Review: ‘Catching Fire’ a Near-Flawless Tribute to the Heart of The Hunger Games
- How Capitol is Too Capitol?
- The Mystery Woman of CatchingFireCasting.com
- Can ‘The Hunger Games’ Become the Ultimate Hollywood Franchise?
- The Hunger Games Deserves A Second Viewing
- Why ‘The Hunger Games’ Needs to be ‘The Next Twilight’