With editing and proofreading behind you, it’s time to move on to making sure readers can swipe those pages.
Defining Ebook Formatting
Once your words are good to go, it’s time for formatting, which is when your ebook files are created, making sure the books distributed to your readers work flawlessly on their digital readers.
Ebooks come in a variety of file types, but the most common ones are mobi (for Kindles), epub (for all other readers), and PDFs (for general digital reading, such as on computers).
Ebook formatting is available only as an add-on service, meaning it can only be done for books that have been beta read, edited, or proofread by Pikko’s House.
The ebook formatting service includes the following:
- One file type of your ebook, either mobi or epub (add an additional file type for $10)
- Standard, uniform text with first-line indentations
- Drop caps (optional) at the start of chapters
- Up to three images, such as author photo, map, and press logo
- Up to five URLs
Additional fees may apply for the following:
- Additional links
- Chapter break images
- Chapter header images
- Manuscripts with excessive incorrect formatting
My rate for ebook formatting is set at $0.00075 per word with a minimum project fee of $30. For a more accurate estimate, please use the calculator in the sidebar.
Types of manuscripts accepted for ebook formatting:
- Short stories
At this time, Pikko’s House will only format fiction manuscripts. Referrals to other formatters can be provided upon request.
Ebook Formatting Delivery
Should you hire me to format your book, I will provide you with the following:
- An ebook proof file of your submitted manuscript, applicable images, and relevant front and back matter with the word PROOF on the title page.
- A final ebook file of your submitted manuscript, applicable images, and relevant front and back matter, to be sent after payment and file approval.
Pikko’s House does not upload book files to Amazon or other online retail outlets. Referrals to author’s assistants can be provided upon request.
Here’s the short version of what my ebook formatting service includes:
Your choice of a mobi or epub file. Additional file type available for a small fee.
Text styles in uniform sizes and fonts to ensure a clean reading experience.
Give an optional added flair to the start of your chapters.
Up to three basic image insertions, such as your author photo.
Allow readers to visit your website or sign up for your newsletter from a link.